To help COVE deliver exceptional quality service to clients and partners and to support growth and profitability, we require an Office Coordinator to support the organization with efficient office operations, events, and business activities for our growing team. The Office Coordinator will provide managerial leadership, be self motivated, detailed oriented, organized, and confident in a position with a high level of responsibility, autonomy, and competing priorities. The Office Coordinator will manage relationships, internally and externally, to ensure continuous efficient and effective business operations.
Professionalism, initiative, work ethic, output quality, and the ability to meet deadlines are of prime importance in this energetic environment. Strong interpersonal, communication and administration skills are essential as is confidentiality and the ability to work both independently and, in a collaborative, team environment.
- Providing day-to-day administration support including preparation of correspondence, proofreading, and editing documents, creating PowerPoint presentations, and other communication.
- Ensuring filing systems (paper and electronic) are maintained and current, ensuring security, integrity, and confidentiality of data.
- Overseeing all general office duties including office and equipment requirements, office supplies and subcontractors, as required.
- Managing the internal meeting schedule and calendar management of the CEO and managing expense claims.
- In partnership with HR, designing and implementing office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Organizing Board of Director and Committee meetings and meeting materials.
- Supporting the planning, coordination, and execution of events, with priority focus on client-facing and strategic internal events by ensuring expectations are met, including room set up, number of attendees, AV needs, catering, security, identifying and resolving potential date conflicts, etc.
- As the first point of contact for any event issues, providing prompt and appropriate response, focused on a timely resolution.
- Supporting virtual events through leveraging a variety of technology platforms based on event needs.
- Conducting formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Liaising closely with the technology team to provide some technical service support, procurement and maintenance of office equipment and the Microsoft SharePoint system.
- Supporting the hiring and on-boarding of new staff by posting job ads, scheduling interviews, organizing orientation and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated, analytical, logical thinker with a very strong attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with poise and professionalism to interact with partners and external clients.
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Digital savviness with multiple technology platforms.
- Initiative, good judgment and strong work ethic, ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically SharePoint, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to learn new processes and systems quickly.
- Solid team player who enjoys interacting and building relationships with others.
- Second language (e.g. French) skills will be considered an asset, but not required.
- Direct experience working in the ocean technology or marine sector.
Eight (8) month contract position to March 31, 2022, with potential for extension.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from Indigenous Peoples, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, women and persons of the LGBTQ2SIA+ community. If you are a member of one of these groups, you are encouraged to self-identify.
We are committed to ensuring accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodation upon request.
We offer an excellent working environment where life balance is valued. Our people and their commitment to quality work is what drives our success. You can find out more information about COVE at www.coveocean.com . Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience, note that relocation costs are not supported.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking https://coveocean.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22&source=aWQ9MTM%3D. The deadline for submission is 3:00pm, July 8, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.