COVE is seeking a Financial Analyst to work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment in which you are challenged to think of new ways to do things. The Financial Analyst will assist with internal and external financial reporting, as well as provide high-quality detailed analysis to assist Management in their decision-making processes. You are a motivated and proactive individual, who enjoys telling the story in the data and loves to analyze numbers, prepare reports, and present findings. You ask great questions, probe to understand, and are a creative thinker who enjoys sharing your insight, recommendations, and ideas. You get excited by variety and new challenges and are not deterred by frequent ad hoc reporting.
- Keeping financial records up to date, preparing reports, and assisting in month-end procedures.
- Using accounting software to process business transactions like purchase orders, payables and receivables, disbursements, expense vouchers, and receipts.
- Preparing and distributing customer invoices, entering information into the accounts receivable sub-ledger, and performing monthly account reconciliations. Distributing statements to customers and monitoring customer accounts for payment.
- Checking, verifying, and processing invoices, preparing cheques and wire transactions for approval and maintaining vendor files.
- Preparing bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements.
- Preparing interim financial statements, budget to actual variance analysis and forecasting revenues and expenses.
- Assisting in budget preparation and long-term financial plans.
- Assisting in the year-end procedures, preparing working papers, issuing T4’s and liaising with external auditors.
- Providing assistance and support to COVE personnel for all travel, expense claims, corporate credit card balancing and financial matters.
- Assisting in the preparation of project budgets and claims and/or financial reports to funders.
- Inputting, updating, and maintaining new and existing employee information into company payroll and benefit systems.
- Processing payroll on a biweekly basis including onboarding new employees in the payroll system and calculating benefits as required, collecting, confirming and processing timesheets, reconciling payroll subledger to the general ledger, reconciling payroll taxes, issuing Records of Employment and processing employee changes and terminations.
- Assisting with support tasks, including filing systems and records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and / or Diploma in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Minimum two years of related experience
- Proficiency in data entry, Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Accuracy and exceptional attention to detail, with an aptitude for numbers.
- Quick learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with ability to adapt to changing priorities, problem solve and be efficient in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- The ability to act responsibly and ethically when working with sensitive financial information, whether it is company or personal information.
- Accounting Designation
- Second Language (i.e French)
- Direct experience working in the ocean technology or marine sector
This is an 8- month term position to March 31, 2022, with the possibility for extension.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from Indigenous Peoples, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, women and persons of the LGBTQ2SIA+ community. If you are a member of one of these groups, you are encouraged to self-identify.
We are committed to ensuring accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodation upon request.
We offer an excellent working environment where life balance is valued. Our people and their commitment to quality work is hat drives our success. You can find out more information about COVE at www.coveocean.com . Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience, note that relocation costs are not supported.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking https://coveocean.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23&source=aWQ9MTM%3D. The deadline for submission is 3:00pm, July 9, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.