COVE is seeking an innovative and agile Education and Outreach Manager with a passion for the ocean to work in collaboration with and under the direction of the Director of Workforce Development. The Manager is responsible for developing and launching local and national strategic level workforce and education development initiatives focused on building engagement and capacity within the ocean technology sector. The Manager will engage with a wide variety of stakeholders including educators, youth, industry partners and government departments. The Manager will work together with COVE’s stakeholders and partners to adopt, implement, and scale initiatives and programs to grow the talent pipeline in the Blue Economy.
You will be responsible for developing opportunity pipelines and driving successful adoption and implementation of related education and workforce-readiness programs in the ocean technology sector. You are an excellent public speaker and have a passion for “people projects”. You enjoy working with diverse groups of people and have the ability to cultivate relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and have a distinctive ability to communicate complex ideas in succinct and compelling ways. You are self-motivated, result-oriented, and able to build a plan and make things happen, while upholding honesty and integrity without compromising attention to detail.
· Working with stakeholders to grow capacity within the ocean sector and drive awareness and engagement as it relates to workforce development initiatives and programming.
· Providing planning, analysis, management, and evaluation of programs that support the growth of a talent pipeline in the ocean sector in collaboration with stakeholders and under the direction of the Director.
· Managing intern and Ocean Institute cohorts, as required.
· Supporting the development of proposals for new initiatives as part of the workforce development program.
· Applying, promoting, and educating the principles of equity, inclusion, and diversity in all projects and programming, aligning with corporate strategic initiatives.
· Acting as a COVE ambassador in all areas of work and delivery, having a passion for the ocean and an understanding of the importance of preparing, attracting, and retaining the best talent for careers in the ocean technology sector.
· Adhering to COVE’s human resource policies and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Ocean/Marine, Business or Education related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years experience in program development and facilitation including education/learning and development program implementation, design development, delivery, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated report writing, analytical and project management skills to meet program objectives and the ability to work with tight deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, implement, and evaluate programs.
· In-depth knowledge and demonstrated ability in instructional design, analysis, measurement and evaluative methods, facilitation, and presentation skills using a variety of learning mediums, such as e-learning, integrated multimedia and blended learning technologies.
· Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Masters level education
- Certification in Project Management
- Second Language (i.e French)
- Direct experience working in the ocean technology or marine sector.
This is a one-year term position with the possibility for extension.
COVE is an equal opportunity employer. You can find out more information about COVE at www.coveocean.com. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience, note that relocation costs are not supported.
To be considered for this position, please click HERE to apply online. The deadline for submission is 3:00pm, June 10, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.