Innovacorp has recently opened applications a variety of programs aimed at supporting ocean technology start-up companies.
Innovacorp manages Start-Up Yard at COVE. Start-Up Yard is the incubation facility at COVE (Centre for Ocean Ventures and Entrepreneurship). They help early stage companies commercialize their ocean technologies and succeed in the global marketplace. Start-ups grow stronger, faster with Innovacorp's acceleration programs, incubation space and services, funding, shared equipment, expertise, mentoring and wharf access.
Innovacorp is also a partner in the Ocean Startup Project.
Innovacorp Accelerate – Ocean Stream
- Submissions due Wednesday, May 26
- Up to $25K for milestones plus expert advice
- Nova Scotia companies only.
- Details at https://innovacorp.ca/acceleration-initiatives/innovacorp-accelerate
Ocean Startup Challenge
- Submissions due Tuesday, June 1
- Over $1.4 million in awards and partner supports
- Apply under one of these streams: idea, growth and ocean shot
- Open to any ocean start-up in Canada. International companies can apply to the growth and ocean shot stream.
- Details at https://oceanstartupproject.ca/challenge/
Innovacorp Global Blue Innovation Challenge
- Submissions due Friday, June 11
- The goal of the challenge is to help ocean technology entrepreneurs get investment ready and immigrate to Nova Scotia.
- Up to 4 companies to be selected and awarded $25K
- This is part of our Start-Up Visa Program – for international start-ups.
- International students are eligible if they have an ocean start-up.
- Details at https://innovacorp.ca/acceleration-initiatives/global-blue-innovation-challenge