HAWBOLDT INDUSTRIES is Canada’s leader in marine cranes, winches, and specialized lifting equipment. We support customers worldwide in Ocean Science, Defense, Workboat, and Offshore Industries.
We design it.
We build it.
Canadian owned, entrepreneurial, globally-recognized, and located in Chester, Nova Scotia. We want people who are hands-on and excited to make an impact on the company, and the industry.
Due to growth, we are currently looking for an Applications Engineer. This is a full-time position with an attractive wage and benefits for the right candidate, in line with the Engineers Nova Scotia salary surveys.
This position is a key role in our ongoing success and growth, acting as the glue between customers and our engineering and sales departments. The Applications Engineer works with internal stakeholders to conceptualize solutions for our customers’ applications; doing calculations, writing proposals, creating renderings & drawings, compiling price estimates, and delivering them in an efficient and accurate manner to business development managers. We are looking for someone with experience in the marine industry, preferably custom equipment with some customer-facing experience. The ideal candidate will be a big picture thinker, with strong mechanical aptitude, creative and confident in their ideas, organized, and an excellent communicator. Skills in web development and/or video editing are an asset.
This overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all the responsibilities of the job.
- Read and evaluate customer inquiry specifications and application
- Determine with internal stakeholders, the equipment/concept to be quoted
- Perform required calculations, market research, supply chain investigation
- Estimate the total cost for the product, liaising with engineering, production, and vendors
- Create/review the internal specification, sales literature, renderings and drawing as required
- Prepare written commercial proposals
- Enter, organize, and hand off orders resulting from proposal work
- Assist in organization, composition and editing of promotional material including literature
- Generate ideas for new products or improvements
Attributes we seek:
- Post-secondary education in engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment estimating and providing technical support
- Experience working in a fast paced dynamic team environment
- Proven experience with mechanical problem solving
- Product development experience an asset
- Strong verbal communication proven through the ability to lead without authority and motivate others to task
- Comfortable producing and compiling accurate written communication for customers
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit your resume quoting Applications Engineer in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No recruiters, please.
Location: Chester, Nova Scotia
Closing Date: February 22, 2020