As a Sales Representative for SubC you will have significant interaction with current and potential clients. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, previous sales experience and be comfortable interacting with customers on a daily basis. As part of the SubC sales team, you will be responsible for translating and explaining technical information to customers, focusing on revealing how a product or piece of equipment can solve specific problems.
**This is a hybrid position, where you will be expected to be in the office or one of our shared office spaces 2-3 days a week. Locations Halifax NS, Victoria BC, Toronto, ON, or Clarenville, NL.
About SubC Imaging:
We’re a small but mighty team of about 30 people who are passionate about SubC products and motivated to deliver the highest customer satisfaction possible. SubC is a place where everyone’s ideas and perspectives are encouraged to be shared, and where you’ll also have the opportunity to learn and develop your professional skills.
The 3 C’s of our company values:
- Continuous Improvement: We continuously work to enhance our users’ experience with the goal of making their lives easier.
- Collaboration: We wouldn’t be able to stay as innovative as we have been in our 12+ years without constant collaboration within the SubC team, customers, scientists, and technical experts.
- Culture: When we asked our employees to describe SubC’s environment, three words kept popping up: Inclusive, teamwork, and flexible.
As a Sales Representative with SubC you will be responsible for:
- Leveraging the sales process to uncover customer needs and presenting solutions
- Developing a pipeline through prospecting, meeting, attending conferences/events, calling, and emailing
- Building a sales strategy plan to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
- Proficiently managing a CRM platform to ensure contacts, leads and opportunities are being actioned as needed
- Providing product demonstrations and sales presentations
- Working with the technical team to provide technically and financially accurate quotes to clients
- Providing product demonstrations and sales presentations with confidence and the knowledge required
- Uncovering and preparing responses to RFPs
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings as required
- Committing to, understanding and having the ability to follow the sale process
- Reporting on monthly KPIs and forecasting using CRM dashboards
- Driving referral request conversations with current and new customers
- Ensuring internal and external customers are receiving appropriate updates or communications on a timely basis
- 2-4+ years of sales experience
- Technical background is considered an asset
- Strong technical, problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- International and domestic travel is required
What we offer:
- Hourly pay: $22 – $26 / hour, depending on experience and capabilities. At SubC everyone is paid an hourly wage because we believe in mutual transparency and trust. Your time is valuable, and we believe that, too often, corporations take advantage of salary workers with unrealistic working hours.
- Sales Incentive Program: A goal-based program that will contribute to OTE.
- Flex time: Life is complex. Work around your own schedule.
- Overtime: In the rare occurrence of a long week, we pay overtime at 1.5x.
- Vacation: Two weeks vacation, Christmas week off, plus three additional SubC stat holidays.
- Sick and/or mental health days: Five days per calendar year.
- Group Benefits Plan: Co-paid Blue Cross insurance plan with Flexible Health Spend Account.
- Matched RRSP plan: We match your contribution for retirement planning.
- Wellness program: Spending account for fitness equipment/memberships, SubC Fit team
challenges throughout the year with prizes, pop-up activities, etc.
- Continuous Learning & Development: SubC fully supports continuous learning and career development. Continue honing your skills with online learning and professional development plans.
- Ladder to climb: SubC is growing, we are looking for people to grow with us as we develop new technologies and markets.
- Travel Opportunities: Attending small & large conferences/events in international cities
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.