Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
COVE is expanding rapidly, and we are continuing to build our team to support our transformative impact on the marine sector. With over 60 companies on site and its global network of 2,000+ organizations that are engaged in ocean tech, it is on the precipice of becoming a global centre of excellence for industry-led innovation. We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team that shares ideas, tries new things, and learns as we go.
As the Office Coordinator, you will help to plan, structure, organize, and monitor the many activities happening within COVE. This invaluable role will support all departments and serve as a central hub where organization is key. You will provide managerial leadership to staff, be self-motivated, detailed oriented, organized, and confident in a position with a high level of responsibility, autonomy, and competing priorities. This is an opportunity for someone who loves to manage relationships, internally and externally, and to ensure continuous efficient and effective business operations.
Professionalism, initiative, work ethic, output quality, and the ability to meet deadlines are of prime importance in this energetic environment. Strong interpersonal, communication and administration skills are essential, as are confidentiality and the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
What you will be doing:
- Providing day-to-day administrative support, including preparation of correspondence, proofreading and editing documents, creating PowerPoint presentations, and other communication.
- Providing excellent assistance to all departments to support operations as required. This may include internal coordination of service delivery, supporting program managers towards the delivery of program launches, and supporting managers in the ongoing daily management of programs, including logistics around B2B meetings, supporting proposal development, project task management, quality assurance, program record management and all aspects of related program coordination.
- Ensuring filing systems (hard and digital) are maintained and current, ensuring data security, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Tracking legal documents and monitoring deliverables, deadlines, and renewals.
- Overseeing all general office duties, including office and equipment requirements, office supplies and subcontractors, as required.
- Managing the CEO’s internal meeting schedule, calendar management, and expense claims.
- Assisting in the organization of company-wide, corporate and internal meetings and events.
- Liaising closely with the technology team to provide technical service support, procurement and maintenance of office equipment and the Microsoft Sharepoint system.
- Assisting in recruiting staff by posting job ads, scheduling interviews, preparing offer packages, entering new hire information into databases and organizing orientation and training of new staff members.
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary education in office administration or business.
- 2 – 3+ years experience in a similar administrative position or a combination of experience and education.
- Highly motivated, analytical, logical thinker with very strong attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with poise and professionalism to interact with partners and external clients.
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Initiative, good judgment, strong work ethic, and ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong digital skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically SharePoint, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to learn new processes and systems quickly.
- Solid team player who enjoys interacting and building relationships with others.
Nice to have:
- Direct experience working in the technology or marine sector.
Working at COVE
Our team is passionate about supporting ocean tech innovators and are tireless champions for every innovator that comes through our doors. We value integrity, creativity, and diversity, and we thrive as part of an integrated team that revels in delivering results. Diversity in the people we hire is essential for truly collaborative work and for the impact we are accountable for in the community we serve. We foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected to fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. We operate a hybrid and flexible work environment to support the best results from our highly collaborative team.
- Opportunity to learn and make an impact by working for a dynamic, growing company on meaningful projects that finds solutions to real-life problems.
- Vacation, personal days, and sick time
- Hybrid remote work policy (1-2 days/week) and flexible work hours **Must work in Dartmouth NS Office minimum 3 days per week**
- Team-wide bonding activities and a casual work environment
- Tech-focused office location, convenient via transit and bike paths and free parking
- Full medical & dental benefits, including a health spending account
- Group RRSP matching program & Income Insurance Plans
- Opportunities for professional development
Don’t meet every single requirement? At COVE, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align with every single qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are committed to ensuring accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodation upon request.
We offer an excellent working environment where life balance is valued. Our people and their commitment to quality work is what drives our success. You can find out more information about COVE at www.coveocean.com . Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience, note that relocation costs are not supported.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking “Apply”. The deadline for submission is 5:00 pm, October 17, 2022. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.