MacArtney Underwater Technology / MacArtney Canada Ltd.
The MacArtney Group supports a vast range of subsea projects across the globe. We are proud of our reputation of supplying and supporting systems and products that are proven to be reliable even in the harshest of underwater environments.
Position: Logistics & Inventory Coordinator
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, results oriented, and attentive to customer and staff needs. The individual will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to providing leading edge customer service in a fast past environment. Strong listening and comprehension skills as well as the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively are necessary
Critical tasks and description to undertake:
Shipping and receiving. Responsible for packing, arranging, and coordination of all incoming and outgoing shipments. Arranging customs clearance for incoming shipments. Coordination with both intercompany and client logistics personnel for all freight movement. Identifying and resolving courier delays. Coordination of freight movement with freight forwarder or designated courier and preparation of all documents required.
Inventory management. Responsible for all stock counting, monthly ERP balancing, and review and reconciliation of discrepancies. Adjustments instructions with proper backup to explain discrepancies.
Procurement. Upon review with appropriate staff member. The candidate will be responsible for order making and follow-up to ensure parts are on schedule to meet overall production schedule of systems.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer service
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers for warehouse needs.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalogue goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problem or complaint, NCR and RMA procedures
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvement
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
Qualifications / Key attributes
- Completion of a Supply Chain and Logistics course and or 3 years in relevant experience.
- Canadian citizenship is required
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
- Customer service oriented, cooperative, and dependable individual required
- Knowledge of international shipping and logistics incoterms
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, set priorities and see all duties through to completion.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
Working with MacArtney
At MacArtney, making a difference is a mutual policy. All employees work together to continue to make MacArtney a stronger and better workplace. Working as a team builds on mutual trust and respect and we firmly believe that we work best in a good working climate that is based on enthusiasm, openness and responsibility.
It is everybody’s individual responsibility to get the most out of their work and the best processes are often a result of open discussion and the sharing of ideas. Openness is an important part of working for MacArtney and ideas for improvements to all policy – including within human resources – are welcome.
We aim to employ excellent colleagues, who:
- Have the best skills and competences within their field
- Want to contribute to making a difference
- Uphold MacArtney values both externally towards our customers and internally within the MacArtney team
- Are willing to grow and develop to keep pace with changes in the market and the workplace
- Are willing to contribute to continuous growth
- Can maintain the expected MacArtney standards for quality, reliability, intelligent solutions, service and timely delivery
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Standard provincial guidelines.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dartmouth, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application deadline: 2022-08-31