About SOI Foundation
The SOI Foundation is recognized globally for delivering life-changing polar expeditions. But that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to our mission. Our planet faces unprecedented challenges, making youth voices, ideas, and actions more important than ever. Through educational expeditions, cross-cultural experiences, science and outreach initiatives in the Arctic, Antarctic, and places in between, the SOI Foundation inspires new perspectives, ideas, connections and collaborative solutions for a nature-positive world. The outcome is a global network that takes action and contributes to building healthy communities and a sustainable future for people and our planet.
Do you love to think through the nitty-gritty details of a project?
Does working on a variety of tasks simultaneously energize you?
Do you love to create systems and spreadsheets to organize yourself?
Are you motivated to make a significant contribution to the global journey towards a nature-positive world?
The Expedition Coordinator is an integral part of the Expedition Team and is responsible for coordinating key elements of upcoming expedition programs. This role requires excellent project management and communication skills, the ability to drive processes and timelines to meet deadlines, and an analytical mind with a warm heart.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare participants (youth and educators) for their program by facilitating the formal registration process, communicating by phone and email, assisting with travel documentation, booking travel arrangements;
- Assist with program logistics including: researching venues and activities, collecting quotes, corresponding with and booking vendors, processing invoices;
- Oversee the procurement, organization and proper inventory of expedition gear, SWAG and supplies;
- Assist with planning pre- and post- expedition activities;
- Coordinate information management for the team, including tracking processes, managing our database, and creating and maintaining spreadsheets;
- Support promotional outreach for upcoming expedition programs and respond to inquiries (phone and email) regarding expedition programs;
- Assist with expedition statistics/post-expedition reporting
This full-time position is based at the SOI Foundation office in Gatineau, QC (in the Ottawa area). While all applications are welcome, preference will be given to SOI alumni.
Character profile & key competencies
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in logistics, organizing and delivering student programs, event management and/or project management;
- Highly organized self-starter and multi-tasker, with a high level of comfort tracking and organizing information;
- Excellent problem solver with the ability to manage competing tasks;
- Great communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to liaise with people from various backgrounds;
- Adaptable to change, diplomatic and patient with a positive outlook;
- Knowledge of and experience working with CRMs and/or information management systems an asset (ie. Salesforce, Monday.com);
- Fluency in French and/or Inuktitut is an asset.
Open to Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents and persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada. We thank all applicants for their applications. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SOI offers a dynamic environment, an exciting international network of alumni, a strong partnership network and state-of-the-art education programs.
To apply for this exciting position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than November 21, 2021.
SOI is committed to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion among its staff and programs and invites all qualified applicants to submit a resume and cover letter.
Thank you so much for your interest in the SOI Foundation!