Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
COVE is expanding rapidly, and we are continuing to build our team to support our transformative impact on the marine sector. With over 60 companies on site and its global network of 2,000+ organizations that are engaged in ocean tech, it is on the precipice of becoming a global centre of excellence for industry-led innovation. We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team that shares ideas, tries new things, and learns as we go.
As the Communications and Marketing Associate, you will support COVE’s ongoing branding and public image in addition to other projects managed by COVE. We are constantly expanding our brand and managing strategic relations with our community and the public at large through (but not limited to) trade shows, event hosting, press releases, newsletters, profiles, etc. We build partnerships across all sectors of marine industries to bring together the private sector, government organizations, and postsecondary institutions within the province as well as regionally and internationally to apply world-class science & innovation to commercial applications.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the strategic communication and materials used at COVE to help build new relationships and networks.
- Drafting and editing communications copy (press releases, publications, newsletters, blogs, social media posts).
- Assisting in maintaining web content and ensuring the execution of social media strategies are met.
- Coordinating social media novel presence, planning and delivery.
- Providing science communication.
- Communicating with funders and stakeholders to ensure they are kept up to date on program deliverables and reports.
- Liaising with clients (proactively determining specific needs, sharing information about programs, preparation for meetings/workshops).
- Building relationships with COVE tenants and broadly with the ocean technology community.
- Supporting the ongoing programs at COVE, such as workshops, lectures, and events at COVE. Interfacing with a larger program management team and external stakeholders
- Supporting events hosted by the COVE team, including workshops, the monthly Ocean Connectors, and other networking functions.
- Independently managing project tasks and timelines.
- Collaborating with the communications manager to coordinate COVE’s social media channels and press releases.
- Researching and keeping a record of COVE in the media.
- Preparing information to be shared through various communication channels, including the monthly newsletter.
- Attending and supporting events as a representative of COVE.
- Tracking and assisting with all events that COVE is involved with, evaluating their success, and ensuring that they relate to COVE’s goals and objectives.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations/Communication. or equivalent education and work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Mailchimp, Adobe creative suite (In Design, Illustrator or Photoshop), Canva and other Desktop Publishing software.
- Strong digital skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint and strong technical skills with the ability to quickly learn new processes and systems.
- Experience developing and maintaining strong working relationships, combined with excellent client-facing skills.
- Highly motivated, analytical, logical thinker with very strong attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Initiative, good judgment, a strong work ethic, and demonstrated ability to recognize risk and proactively mitigate.
- Solid team player with advanced personal time management skills with a proven track record in planning, implementing, and managing multiple projects.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with poise and professionalism in interacting with clients.
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing with the ability to create blogs, newsletters, and press releases.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the marine sector and/or a relevant technology-based industry.
Working at COVE
Our team is passionate about supporting ocean tech innovators and are tireless champions for every innovator that comes through our doors. We value integrity, creativity, and diversity, and we thrive as part of an integrated team that revels in delivering results. Diversity in the people we hire is essential for truly collaborative work and for the impact we are accountable for in the community we serve. We foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected to fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. We operate a hybrid and flexible work environment to support the best results from our highly collaborative team.
- Opportunity to learn and make an impact by working for a dynamic, growing company on meaningful projects that finds solutions to real-life problems.
- Vacation, personal days, and sick time
- Hybrid remote work policy (1-2 days/week) and flexible work hours **Must work in Dartmouth NS Office minimum 3 days per week**
- Team-wide bonding activities and a casual work environment
- Tech-focused office location, convenient via transit and bike paths and free parking
- Full medical & dental benefits, including a health spending account
- Group RRSP matching program & Income Insurance Plans
- Opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary
Don’t meet every single requirement? At COVE, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align with every single qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are committed to ensuring accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodation upon request.
We offer an excellent working environment where life balance is valued. Our people and their commitment to quality work is what drives our success. You can find out more information about COVE at www.coveocean.com . Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience, note that relocation costs are not supported.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking “Apply”. The deadline for submission is 5:00 pm, October 17, 2022. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.