Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
COVE is expanding rapidly, and we are continuing to build our team to support our transformative impact on the marine sector. With over 60 companies on site and its global network of 2,000+ organizations that are engaged in ocean tech, it is on the precipice of becoming a global centre of excellence for industry-led innovation. We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team that shares ideas, tries new things, and learns as we go.
As the Accelerator Program Manager, the work you do will be impactful to the success of the business community which includes scale-ups, small-medium size businesses, and COVE’s broader innovation ecosystem. You will be responsible for implementing and executing the seamless delivery of COVE’s Market Readiness initiatives, such as the newly launched COVE UK Ocean Scale-Up Accelerator, to encourage companies’ growth and global success. You will also lead industry challenges engaging the innovation ecosystem and business community to identify novel solutions to real business issues. This is an exciting opportunity to gain international profile, work directly with companies to scale businesses, and deliver solutions to foster a stronger blue economy. You will build on your team leadership skills and business acumen, and thrive in a growth-oriented organization.
What you will be doing:
- Planning, overseeing, and managing the development and execution of programs, including preparing formal project proposals, engagement with businesses, and the delivery and facilitation of workshops.
- Scaling and standardizing COVE’s Market Readiness programs through designing processes, playbooks, and policies to continually revise and maintain a flexible curriculum aligned with current best practices and ensuring we understand the critical needs of cohort businesses.
- Designing and administering surveys and other assessment tools to capture and analyze data for program planning, decision-making, and reporting.
- Building relationships and partnering with industry experts, external vendors, and government agencies to improve program quality, scope, and delivery and ensure engagement and participation.
- Working with the COVE leadership team to identify ways to integrate the Market Readiness program into other business lines.
- Managing relationships and opportunities with our multiple corporate partners, identifying opportunities for clients to collaborate, and facilitating those partnership discussions.
- Managing events in line with our business objectives, such as webinars, challenges, and B2B meetings.
- Setting and tracking progress and budget against project milestones, holding others accountable for assigned tasks and recommending steps from start to finish, including identifying barriers to successful program execution, mitigating and/or escalating as appropriate.
What you will bring:
- Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or a closely related field and/or a combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years managing or executing programs with strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems and to work without being closely managed.
- Ability to speak confidently in settings ranging from large group events to meetings with senior government, industry, and business leaders.
- An understanding of innovative technology in the marine sector.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration among multiple parties with disparate views and objectives and align the group toward a cohesive outcome.
- Understand how to effectively derive and measure program results and how to learn and iterate the program from those results.
- Be a community builder to establish relationships with multi-faceted stakeholder groups and key partners.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize risk and proactively mitigate.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the marine sector and/or a relevant technology-based industry.
- Knowledge and application of Project Management methodology
- Business consulting experience
- Experience in international trade
Working at COVE
Our team is passionate about supporting marine tech innovators and are tireless champions for every innovator that comes through our doors. We value integrity, creativity, and diversity, and we thrive as part of an integrated team that revels in delivering results. Diversity in the people we hire is essential for truly collaborative work and for the impact we are accountable for in the community we serve. We foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected to fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. We operate a hybrid and flexible work environment to support the best results from our highly collaborative team.
- Opportunity to learn and make an impact by working for a dynamic, growing company on meaningful projects that finds solutions to real-life problems.
- Vacation, personal days, and sick time
- Hybrid remote work policy (1-2 days/week) and flexible work hours
- Team-wide bonding activities and a casual work environment
- Tech-focused office location, convenient via transit and bike paths and free parking
- Full medical & dental benefits, including a health spending account
- Group RRSP matching program & Income Insurance Plans
- Opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary
Don’t meet every single requirement? At COVE, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align with every single qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are committed to ensuring accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodation upon request.
We offer an excellent working environment where life balance is valued. Our people and their commitment to quality work is what drives our success. You can find out more information about COVE at www.coveocean.com . Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience, note that relocation costs are not supported.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking “Apply”. The deadline for submission is 5:00pm, October 17, 2022. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.