Start your ocean tech career with COVE
The COVE Ocean Technology Internship Program is a collaboration between companies in the ocean sector across Canada. Internships are facilitated by COVE with students placed at one of our host companies from May-August 2023. Students gain experience in the thriving ocean technology sector with ongoing support, training, mentoring and networking opportunities organized by COVE. Employers get support in building a talent pipeline.
We are looking for students from various disciplines, whether marketing, finance, computer science, marine biology, engineering or math, there is a place for you. We are particularly interested in students with an interest in or openness to careers in the ocean sector.
As an intern, you will:
- Develop consulting, design thinking and project management skills
- Network with industry leaders through monthly networking events and Ocean Connectors
- Cultivate high demand skills while working with
an integrated team
- Interaction and mentorship with leading experts in the industry
- Contribute to several diverse workplace projects
- Build a broader range of career options
- Competitive compensation
- Access to one on one mentorship, to hone your skills
- Broaden personal skillsets, knowledge and experience
Whether you have an internship project in mind or would like more information on the program, we’re here to discuss the opportunity with you.
As a host company, COVE provides:
- Hiring support (recruitment, selection, contracts)
- Facilitation of onboarding
- Professional Development training program
- Human Resource and Payroll administration
- Networking opportunities
- Industry mentorship program