- This event has passed.
MRC East Coast Summer Event, August 11 2022: Business & Supply Chain Forum + Summer Social on the Lake
August 11, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Marine Renewable Energy Business and Supply Chain Forum
1:00 – 5:00 PM
Westin Nova Scotian Hotel | Halifax | Nova Scotia
With Canada and countries around the world working to decarbonize the economy through measures such as electrification and the use of carbon-free fuels like green hydrogen, the amount of clean energy produced will need to increase dramatically. While solar and wind energy are a key focus for expansion, it is increasingly recognized that a diverse electricity mix and solutions will be needed. The opportunity for marine renewable energy like tidal and offshore wind energy to play an important role in both supporting the energy transition and building a Blue Economy is increasing, as are the opportunities for businesses and suppliers with existing capabilities in marine, energy, and offshore industries.
This half day forum is designed to explore the opportunities presented by marine renewable energy development in the Atlantic region.
The event will provide insight on:
- Supply chain development created by early tidal energy projects
- Growing business opportunities in the US offshore wind market
- Potential for offshore wind development in Atlantic Canada and associated market opportunities such as clean electricity and green fuels/hydrogen
Join us for this half day forum to learn more about how your business can get involved and benefit from the growing marine renewable energy sector.
CLICK for the full agenda including speaker bio’s
Summer Social & Lobster Dinner on the Lake
6:00 – 9:00 PM
Mic Mac Aquatic Club | Dartmouth | Nova Scotia
Join Marine Renewables Canada for our annual summer networking event, this time on the beautiful Lake Banook! Summer Social on the Lake is a perfect opportunity to catch up with colleagues and make new connections. After a number of years of scaled-down events due to the pandemic, we are making this one bigger and better with a lobster dinner, a live band and fun activities by the lake!
Registration is now open for this unique event – 2 events, 1 day!
- Full Day (both events) – includes registration to the afternoon business and supply chain forum + summer social with lobster dinner, live band, drink tickets/bar
– $225 + tx (member rate)
– $275 + tx (non-member rate)
- Summer Social ONLY – includes registration to the summer social with lobster dinner, live band, drink tickets/bar
– $100 + tx (member rate)
– $150 + tx (non-member rate)
Need hotel accommodations? We have secured a discounted rate of $219/night for both Aug 10th and Aug 11th at the Westin NS Hotel for those that are coming from away and need accommodations. To book, please click HERE or contact the Westin directly at 1-866-761-3513 using promo “Marine Renewables Canada Forum”.
**DEADLINE to book is July 21 2022 – rooms at this discounted rate are limited – please book ASAP.