The Nova Scotia Boatbuilders Association (NSBA) was established in 1998 by a small group of leading boatbuilders who shared a common vision of growing and diversifying this maritime industry beyond its original domestic fishing boat market. From a modest beginning, the association’s membership has grown to include 44 boatbuilders and 54 companies supplying products and services to the industry.
NSBA’s mission is to create and foster an environment that promotes profitable and sustained export-oriented business growth for its members. It does this by:
- Promoting the industry to markets in Canada, the US and around the world;
- Managing and administering the Nova Scotia Boat Builder and Nova Scotia Marine Service Technician Apprenticeship Programs;
- Promoting boatbuilding industry careers to youth;
- Representing the boatbuilding industry at various government levels; and
- Providing technical and market advice to boatbuilders.
NSBA members design, build, repair, service, and provide materials and equipment for a diverse range of semi-custom and custom boats, from 8′ to 80′ in length, for commercial and recreational use. All boats are built to Transport Canada or equivalent standards by a skilled workforce.
The NSBA is the first point of contact for the boatbuilding industry in Canada’s Maritime provinces.