COVE’s mission is to propel the ocean economy by providing high-quality marine infrastructure and a collaborative space in which a community of ocean enterprises can start, grow and prosper. Located in what was once the Canadian Coast Guard facility on Halifax Harbour, COVE’s eight-acre, 50,000 square foot facility features extensive marine capabilities, office, and meeting space, a start-up incubator as well as workshops and labs. Since opening in November of 2018, COVE has attracted more than 60 tenants and has hosted many national and international delegations. Thousands of business visitors have already visited COVE to attend more than 150 events. You can find more information about COVE at www.coveocean.com.
COVE seeks a highly skilled marketing and events coordinator who thrives on teamwork and client relationships. Does scheduling, prioritizing, handling client requests and basic project management come naturally to you? We require someone highly organized, detail-oriented, interactive and flexible to assist us with our growing not-for-profit organization.
You are a passionate team player who holds personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and who strives for excellence every day. Able to multitask and adapt to changing expectations, you have a natural diplomacy and the judgment to read the priority level of requests. You can proactively find creative solutions to client issues and propose processes to team members needing assistance carrying out their tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure successful planning and execution of our events (internal and external meetings, workshops and events) with the lead on the management of requests, budgets, marketing, and administration.
- Liaising with clients (i.e. proactively determine specific needs, sharing information about programs, preparation for meetings/workshops with the team) and provide support in-person at events, sometimes outside standard business hours and potentially requiring travel.
- Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes and propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Contribute to marketing and promotional activities for events and for COVE including on social media platforms
- Build relationships with COVE tenants and broadly with the ocean technology community
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Coordinate meetings and support to senior leadership team (i.e. calendar management, booking space, meeting materials, expense report preparation).
Ideal candidates will be comfortable working independently to balance competing priorities and the needs of numerous stakeholders from diverse backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have completed a Bachelor’s degree or College diploma and will have 1-3 years of experience in a relevant role. Strong written and oral English language communication skills are imperative. The following competencies are considered an asset:
- Proficiency in MS Office, Mail Chimp, Adobe creative suite, and Desktop Publishing
- Demonstrated graphic design
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Advanced writing and editing skills
- Experience in managing social media communications
- Sound judgment and the ability to take initiative
- Personable, enthusiastic, articulate and able to work effectively with a team
- Functional fluency in French or an additional language
Salary: $40,000 – $45,000 per year. Full-time, salaried position with benefits.
COVE is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply at email@example.com. The deadline for submission is 5 pm, March 6, 2020. The successful candidate will be subject to verification of credentials.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.